ATI Specialty Materials
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
3rd Shift Forge Shop Supervisor
at ATI Specialty Materials
Creating Long-Term Value Thru Relentless Innovation®
ATI is a global manufacturer of technically advanced specialty materials and complex components. Our products support diverse markets and industries such as aerospace and defense, oil & gas, electrical energy, medical, automotive, and other industrial markets.
Position is responsible for scheduling and supervising Forge Shop operations as assigned by area and shift, typically 10-40 hourly incentive employees. Responsibilities include: Insurance of the product quality and conformance to associated customer requirements, while the efficiency of operations to planned production rates. Coordinates Forge Shop scheduling with; Steel Stores, Die Room, Processing, and Maintenance through communication with responsible supervision. Promotes a safe work environment and enforces safety requirements.
- Supervise production crews in the forging of metal components. Responsible for correct techniques, methods, sequence, and safety of operations, to insure a quality product at a competitive cost.
- Preplan jobs and coordinate Forge Shop scheduling with Production Control, Steel Stores, Die Room, and Processing to assure that stock, tooling, manpower, and equipment are available for production. Organizes and assigns work to employees utilizing managerial skills such as human relations and knowledge of equipment and employee capabilities.
- Determine manpower requirements of jobs, assigns early starters, sequences jobs, and reports crews, manpower changes, downtime and piece counts to Timekeeping to assure prompt start of units, and provide required production data for payroll and operating system accuracy.
- Coordinate with Maintenance, and Engineering as appropriate, to diagnose machine and equipment malfunctions, and expedite repairs and corrective measures to minimize downtime and schedule interruptions.
- Provide information and assist Notice of deviation corrective action investigation. Implement corrective action as necessary. Support Forge Shop Engineering in tooling, methods, and procedure/process revision tryouts to improve quality, reduce costs, and develop production methods for new jobs.
- Assure compliance to ATI Cudahy quality requirements through application of ISO 9002/AS9100A, systemic procedures and work instructions.
- Promote employee involvement in problem solving and participation in Labor/Management Teams. Support Labor/Management Teams. Support Labor/Management Committee initiatives and cost reduction efforts.
- Ensure the highest level of safety and good housekeeping in work environment through implementation of ATI Cudahy safety practices. Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations issued by OSHA, EPA, DNR, and other federal, state, and local regulator agencies.
- Ensure harmonious relations between labor and management through consistent application of the labor agreement(s) and company policies. Administer approved disciplinary procedures as directed.
*It is ATI's policy to not provide immigration sponsorship for any of the company's positions.
ATI and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant's race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected be federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prior supervisory experience
- Thorough knowledge of applicable labor contract provisions
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to problem solve
- Mechanically inclined
- Basic computer skills including: Microsoft Office, Word and Excel