Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Vendor Payable Specialist
at Apple Vacations
Inspire and deliver exceptional value to travelers around the globe as part of the Apple Leisure Group (ALG) team! Our vision is to be the best-in-class and largest all-inclusive resort management and travel services provider, differentiated by the collaboration of our unique resort and distribution brands.
Grow your career as a Vendor Payable Specialist within Apple Leisure Group. You will perform specialized Vendor Payables responsibilities, which require the in-depth knowledge of department functions, procedures and corporate policies.
A successful Vendor Payable Specialist will:
- Be responsible for the processing, auditing and reconciliation of vendor payables.
- Resolve supplier disputes using corporate resources to achieve a satisfactory outcome.
- Demonstrate outstanding relationships with suppliers through professional communications.
- Process timely adjustments and refunds on payables resulting from cancelled or rebooked reservations
- Assist with single use credit card inquiries to positively impact our customer’s end-to-end experience.
- Handle complex challenges including special projects due to weather, business decisions, flight delays or take-downs, etc.
- Identify and report inaccurate and missing net rates in the system. Follow though until the system is corrected and resolution with the supplier has been obtained.
- Scan and retrieve documents through electronic storage.
- Handle miscellaneous accounting functions as defined by the leadership team.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or at least one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Travel industry knowledge or experience a plus
- Knowledge of general office procedures
- Detail oriented
- Good written and verbal skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Ability to be flexible and accept new or changing responsibilities
- The ability to proficiently use a 10-key adding machine, PC, scanner and other general office equipment along with the understanding of Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook
About Apple Leisure Group
Apple Leisure Group® (ALG) is the leading North American travel, hospitality and leisure management group with the only vertically-integrated business model, serving travelers and destinations worldwide. ALG consistently delivers exceptional value to travelers and strong performance to resort owners and partners by strategically leveraging the power of its portfolio of brands across five segments, comprising: the largest seller of vacation packages and charter flights in the U.S. for travel to Mexico and the Caribbean, moving approximately 3.2 million passengers annually through well-established vacation brands, brand management of 5-star and 4-star luxury resorts through AMResorts® award-winning brand portfolio; best-in-class destination management services provided by Amstar DMC and Worldstar®, the exclusive loyalty program Unlimited Vacation Club®; and the innovative technology solutions provider Trisept Solutions®, connecting over 88,000 travel agents with leading travel suppliers. To learn more about the Apple Leisure Group advantage, visit appleleisuregroup.com.
Benefits at a Glance
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefit package to our U.S. based employees:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Basic Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Corporate Wellness Program
- Travel Discounts & Deals
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free and tobacco-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks.