Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Apple Vacations
Inspire and deliver exceptional value to travelers around the globe as part of the Apple Leisure Group (ALG) team! Our vision is to be the best-in-class and largest all-inclusive resort management and travel services provider, differentiated by the collaboration of our unique resort and distribution brands.
Grow your career as a Product Owner within Trisept Solutions, one of our 14 industry-leading brands. In this position you will be responsible for owning, prioritizing, and maintaining the Product Backlog, including definition of user stories and acceptance criteria for website functionality that maximizes revenue, improves customer experience, and enhances brand value.
A successful Product Owner will:
- Contribute and execute on strategy, product vision and road map set by Product Managers
- Collaborate with User Experience partners in usability testing and the development of the user design
- Drive the refinement process with the team to break down program-level Features into detail-level user stories consumable and testable by the Scrum team
- Own, prioritize, and maintain the Product Backlog, including definition of user stories and acceptance criteria
- Serve as the "voice of the customer" for the cross-functional agile delivery teams they are embedded in; representing and reinforcing the customer's perspective throughout the product realization cycle
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of designers, business analysts, developers, system architects, quality engineers and others to develop and execute against product objectives.
- Continuously and transparently communicate with internal stakeholders the prioritization of the Product Backlog and the status of development efforts via System Demos, agile ceremonies, and team/program-level activities.
- Work with Scrum Masters to help direct, motivate, and guide the agile delivery teams
- Act as the subject-matter expert for assigned products
- Participate and attend all the Scrum ceremonies
- Promote and drive Agile development methodology throughout the work and teams
- Manage, prioritize, and quickly assess the impact of defects, and promote built-in quality throughout the development process
- Review, accept, and prioritize feedback and new requirements from stakeholders
- Ensure that Scrum Team deliverables meet agreed-upon standards for quality and non-functional requirements, and that the products meet the stated business need
- Review completed development work to ensure specified acceptance criteria have been met and that features and stories meet the definition of done
- Organize and drive UAT and functional handoff to business teams
- Bachelor’s degree required in Business, Computer Science or related experience
- 3-5 years in product/project management or related role, 1 year as a Product Owner in an Agile development environment.
- Familiarity with common lean/agile development practices and service-oriented environments
- Outstanding technical, analytical, and problem-solving abilities, along with an ability to collaborate cross-functionally
- Proven ability to manage conflicting product priorities
- A passion for data, with very strong quantitative skills
- Highly organized and adept at prioritization - you can recognize and keep track of all the moving pieces in projects, adjusting to new information and goals
- First-class influencing skills, including experience working within a large matrix organization
- Demonstrate ability to develop and manage relationships with teams and stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal); proven ability to work with cross-functional teams to drive execution against deliverables
- Experience in Business to Consumer travel technology is an enormous plus.
About Apple Leisure Group
Apple Leisure Group® (ALG) is the leading North American travel, hospitality and leisure management group with the only vertically-integrated business model, serving travelers and destinations worldwide. ALG consistently delivers exceptional value to travelers and strong performance to resort owners and partners by strategically leveraging the power of its portfolio of brands across five segments, comprising: the largest seller of vacation packages and charter flights in the U.S. for travel to Mexico and the Caribbean, moving approximately 3.2 million passengers annually through well-established vacation brands, brand management of 5-star and 4-star luxury resorts through AMResorts® award-winning brand portfolio; best-in-class destination management services provided by Amstar DMC and Worldstar®, the exclusive loyalty program Unlimited Vacation Club®; and the innovative technology solutions provider Trisept Solutions®, connecting over 88,000 travel agents with leading travel suppliers. To learn more about the Apple Leisure Group advantage, visit appleleisuregroup.com.
About TRISEPT SOLUTIONS
Trisept Solutions was formed in 2000 with a team that leveraged more than 15 years of thought leadership, development and operational excellence in the field of leisure travel technology. We were the first to master the concept of dynamic travel packaging in the electronic world, and today serve airlines, hotel companies, resorts, tour operators, travel agencies, tourist bureaus, airline alliances, theme parks, and other suppliers. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, with offices across the United States, we employ a committed team of over 200 technology professionals.
Benefits at a Glance
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefit package to our U.S. based employees:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Basic Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Corporate Wellness Program
- Travel Discounts & Deals
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free and tobacco-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks.