Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Group Customer Service Specialist
at Apple Vacations
Work to turn vacation dreams into life-long memories by becoming a part of the Apple Leisure Group (ALG) team! We strive to be the first choice in vacation travel, enriching lives and uniting the world.
Grow your career as a Group Customer Service Specialist within Apple Leisure Group! In this role you will focus on providing superior customer service from the time a group contract is signed until the group completes travel. As a Group Customer Service Specialist, you will work closely with our external customers interacting over the phone and/or via email. Throughout all interactions the Group Customer Service Specialist must maintain a high level of professionalism and represent the organization in a positive way.
A successful Group Customer Service Specialist will:
- Support and service phone calls coming into the team from the customers
- Own relationships from a group service perspective with key travel agent accounts
- Serve as first point of contact for travel agents and consumers on escalated issues
- Provide high level customer service for travel agents and direct consumers, focusing on End-to-End service, providing additional supported and responding to elevated questions as needed
- Work closely with clients and customers on their unique group needs and implement changes to their groups in a timely manner, respond to all communications by end of day
- Pro-actively work with travel agents or group leaders to ensure they are meeting contract deadlines, payments are made on time, and accounting is up-to-date and finalized
- Finalize group details with hoteliers and airlines and ensure all aspects are clearly communicated, review and modify reports to communicate room lists and transportation needs of the group
- Finalize and issue commissions, request hotel and airline payments
- Attend training sessions to build and maintain product knowledge, including processes and terms and conditions
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or at least one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least one year of customer service experience; Proficient in Word and Excel.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak/write communicate effectively with staff at all levels and vendors; create and deliver presentations.
- Knowledge of Group Service Dept. policy and procedures
- Some travel may be required
About Apple Leisure Group
As North America’s only vertically-integrated travel, hospitality and leisure management group, Apple Leisure Group is an industry innovator that combines the expertise of 14 leading brands. Our unique niche allows us the special opportunity to oversee every aspect of the travel experience, from the moment a guest books a trip to the time they return home. ALG consistently delivers exceptional value to travelers and strong performance to resort owners and partners by strategically leveraging the power of its portfolio of brands across five segments, comprising:
- Vacations: The largest seller of vacation packages and charter flights in the U.S. for travel to Mexico and the Caribbean, moving approximately 3.2 million passengers annually through well-established vacation brands
- Resort Brand Management: management of 5-star and 4-star luxury resorts through AMResorts® award-winning brand portfolio
- Destination Management Services: Best-in-class destination management services provided by Amstar® DMC and Worldstar®
- Loyalty Program: Exclusive loyalty program Unlimited Vacation Club®
- Technology Solutions: Innovative technology solutions provider Trisept Solutions®, connecting over 88,000 travel agents with leading travel suppliers.
At ALG, we call our employees Team Members, because we are more than just employees. We are united as a team, working toward a common mission and vision. Together, we are committed to live the core values by which we operate:
We Care • We Are Authentic • We Inspire Action • We Do It Together • We Own our Results
- We Are Hungry For More • We do Everything With Passion
Benefits at a Glance
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefit package to our U.S. based employees:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Basic Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Corporate Wellness Program
- Travel Discounts & Deals
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free and tobacco-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks.