Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Front End Web Developer
at Apple Vacations
Inspire and deliver exceptional value to travelers around the globe as part of the Apple Leisure Group (ALG) team! Our vision is to be the best-in-class and largest all-inclusive resort management and travel services provider, differentiated by the collaboration of our unique resort and distribution brands.
Grow your career as a Front End Web Developer with Trisept Solutions. In this role you will be responsible for combining the vision of our Product Design and User Experience teams with the functionality created by our Development teams.
A successful Front End Web Developer will:
- Ensure feasibility of UI/UX Designs
- Build reusable code and libraries to leverage across platforms
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Participate as a key member of a collaborative agile development, product and discovery teams
- Understand and promote usability best practices
- Present recommendations and completed projects to key stakeholders
- Participate in team code reviews
- Unit testing in all environments and browser testing in all supported browsers
Bachelor's degree or equivalent and minimum of 2 years' experience in web design/development.; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Understanding of design principles/fundamentals
- Ability to management of multiple simultaneous projects
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Strong organizational skills
- Critical and creative thinking skills while maintaining close attention to detail
- Understanding of semantic web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Experience in mobile and responsive web design and development
- Experience using CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Experience using Adobe Creative Cloud and Microsoft Visual Studio
- Experience browser testing in Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer, Chrome
- Experience using assistive tools and automated technologies such as WAVE from WebAIM, aXe by Deque, JAWS, NVDA, and VoiceOver
- Experience using and following Section 508 and Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) guidelines and specifications – W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0 and 2.1 A and AA), Accessible Rich Internet Applications (ARIA), User Agent Accessibility Guidelines (UAAG), and Authoring Tool Accessibility Guidelines (ATAG)
Preferred but not required experience
- Content management systems (such as Episerver, Microsoft Sharepoint or Wordpress)
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Web analytics (Adobe Analytics/Google Analytics)
About Apple Leisure Group
Apple Leisure Group® (ALG) is the leading North American travel, hospitality and leisure management group with the only vertically-integrated business model, serving travelers and destinations worldwide. ALG consistently delivers exceptional value to travelers and strong performance to resort owners and partners by strategically leveraging the power of its portfolio of brands across five segments, comprising: the largest seller of vacation packages and charter flights in the U.S. for travel to Mexico and the Caribbean, moving approximately 3.2 million passengers annually through well-established vacation brands, brand management of 5-star and 4-star luxury resorts through AMResorts® award-winning brand portfolio; best-in-class destination management services provided by Amstar DMC and Worldstar®, the exclusive loyalty program Unlimited Vacation Club®; and the innovative technology solutions provider Trisept Solutions®, connecting over 88,000 travel agents with leading travel suppliers. To learn more about the Apple Leisure Group advantage, visit appleleisuregroup.com.
About TRISEPT SOLUTIONS
Trisept Solutions was formed in 2000 with a team that leveraged more than 15 years of thought leadership, development and operational excellence in the field of leisure travel technology. We were the first to master the concept of dynamic travel packaging in the electronic world, and today serve airlines, hotel companies, resorts, tour operators, travel agencies, tourist bureaus, airline alliances, theme parks, and other suppliers. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, with offices across the United States, we employ a committed team of over 200 technology professionals.
Benefits at a Glance
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefit package to our U.S. based employees:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Basic Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Corporate Wellness Program
- Travel Discounts & Deals
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free and tobacco-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks.