Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Product Design Engineering Intern
Job Status: Internship
Job Reference #: 1238
- Job ID
We are looking for a Product Design Engineering intern or co-op starting in January 2020.
- Uphold Andis Core Values of Excellence, Integrity, and Respect in all work related activities.
- Process Engineering Change Requests. Engineering change requests include various 2D drafting work, bill of material changes and the writing of ECNs. This work is done under close direction from a designer or engineer.
- Make 2D AutoCAD drawings. Check dimensions of parts, materials to be used, relation of one part to another, and relation of various parts to whole structure or project. Make assembly and experimental drawings as required.
- Test functional performance of product in lab using a variety of equipment and test methods. Co-op will be trained on equipment and test methods by engineer.
- Evaluate product through testing and teardown. Summarize in report with pictures, test results, technical points and details of construction.
- Obtain product samples or assemble samples for use in lab testing, regulatory efforts or field placement.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited technical school studying toward an associate degree in mechanical design or equivalent. Must have and maintain a minimum G.P.A. of 3.00/4.0.Proficient in MS Office, preferably Word and Excel. Experience with AutoCAD and Solidworks is a plus.
- Ability to write Engineering Change Notices and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Engineers, Designers, supervisors and peers.
- Ability to work with and apply mathematical concepts such as probability, statistical inference, fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions.
- Understanding of fundamentals of trigonometry, plane and solid geometry.
- Strong verbal and written communication and organizational skills.
- Highly motivated, good interpersonal skills, well organized and able to work independently but knows when to ask for assistance when needed.
Andis is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women, Minorities, Veterans, and Disabilities.