Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: XbRB72AxEA
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans details of work order procedures; gathers required tools and materials based on instructions and specifications provided for the job.
- Repairs and fabricates various items and equipment using cutting, burning, and welding techniques and equipment.
- Monitors the welding, burning, and fitting process to ensure parts are not overheated or damaged by warping, distortion, expansion, or shrinkage.
- Prepares, assembles, and tacks weld parts and surfaces to be welded.
- Maintains, organizes, and cleans equipment and the work area.
- Notifies supervisor when faulty equipment or defective materials are discovered.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Thorough understanding of machines and tools used in welding including designs, uses, maintenance and repair.
- Basic understanding of design techniques, principles, and tools necessary for the precise production of technical plans, drawings, models and blueprints.
- Excellent ability to read and listen to assignments given in a variety of forms.
- Basic understanding of mathematics as related to welding assignments.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Completion of a formal apprenticeship OR successful completion of an in-company, three-year training program required..
- Must be able to weld components that are vertical, flat, or overhead.
- Must have enough manual dexterity and stability as required for precision work.
- Must be able to see details at close range.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to traverse facilities and machinery by climbing, balancing, lifting, walking, stooping, and carrying materials.