Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Shipping Technician-Part time EPSI
Responsibilities will include creating shipping documents, shipping labels, invoices, and preparing items for shipments. The individual will be required to communicate with different groups within the company such as Engineering, Production, Sales and Customer Service to determine the proper shipping method and documents required.
Verify shipment is complete, undamaged, and accurate.
· Inform Associates that shipment has been delivered.
· Prepare pallets for shipping
· Create required shipping paper work, invoices, packing slips, etc. as required to properly ship items to their required destination
· Determine best shipping method, create required shipping labels, and initiate pick up if required.
· Maintain Records of Shipments.
· Provide day to day shipment tracking, customer service and problem resolution for shipments.
· Responsible in the investigation of lost and or missing shipments.
· Work with outside agencies to acquire required documents for product being shipped.
· Maintain and update all import / export processes and procedures. Perform tasks required for international shipments.
Bb· Receive in materials and put the items in the appropriate place.
· Maintain shipping / receiving area keeping a safe, clean work environment
· Knowledge of shipping procedures, methods, laws, and requirements
· The ability to work well under pressure, meet multiple and sometimes competing deadlines, and demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors.
· Communicate and coordinate as needed to facilitate the creation of documents required to export products.
· Computer literate – email, Microsoft office products
· Experience in international shipping
· Ability to lift, move, stack boxes, pallets.
· Ability to use hand tools to strap pallets, boxes, pallet jacks, hand trucks
· Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
· Must have good written and oral communication skills.
· Excellent organization skills.
· High School Diploma or equivalent. (Work experience will be considered.)
· 1-3 years of relevant experience.
Paid Vacations, Holidays & Personal Days
401(k) with Company match.
We are a Drug Free Workplace
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities