ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300+ offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM’s comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes — from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
Operate and monitor Building Automation Systems, maintain and perform scheduled and reactive repairs on assigned HVACR equipment, chilled water systems, boilers, refrigeration systems and various other mechanical, electrical and building systems in such manner as to ensure optimal client population experience.
- Responds in a professional, polite and helpful manner when dealing with customers
- Provides technical guidance to diagnose control system concerns and ensure occupancy comfort
- Manages and Operates Building Control Systems to optimize performance and energy efficiency
- Ensures proper set-points, schedules and sequences of operation are correctly programmed
- Provide timely response to diagnose source of customer concern, analyze system requirements, test components, and recommend corrective action, including on-call and emergency support as required
- Determine equipment needs and parts required for system performance and pro-actively identify problems
- Operates, maintains and repairs HVACR gear including boilers, air handlers, chillers, refrigeration systems, etc.
- Performs other tasks as instructed including, but not limited to, painting, plumbing, cleaning and assisting other trades as necessary
- Works with and takes direction from the Account Director and onsite Plant Engineer
- Thoroughly and accurately completes required administrative paperwork and prepares reports when required
- Assists in emergencies as needed including emergency calls at non-scheduled hours
- Works according to the schedule prepared by the supervisor
- Returns all work areas to a clean, neat, orderly and safe condition
- Learns, understands and complies with fire, safety and other emergency practices.
- Participates in training directed at increasing job-related skills
- Assists in training of other employees as directed
*Job duties may be modified at any time