Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at ACS Group
|Job Type:||Direct Hire|
ACS Group is a privately held company that designs and manufactures comprehensive lines of auxiliary products for the plastics processing industry. ACS Group maintains an expansive product line, which includes size reduction equipment (granulators and shredders), material conveying equipment, metering and blending devices, heat exchangers (mold temperature control units and chillers), drying systems, and presses. These products are marketed under such recognizable brand names as AEC, Sterling, Cumberland, Wabash and Carver.
Manufacturing facilities are located in New Berlin, Wisconsin and Wabash, Indiana with a third facility located Suzhou, China to handle the needs of the Asian market.
The Buyer II is responsible assisting the purchasing department by processing purchase order, acknowledgements, quotes and working with vendors to expedite orders.
A successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Processing of department paperwork and correspondence including purchase orders, acknowledgements, and requests for quotes
- Analysis of material requirements per agreed upon schedule
- Review for appropriate action related to exception messages
- Work as the primary liaison between ACS Group and the supplier
- Negotiate part cost and contracts with suppliers
- Assisting the DMR process for assigned commodities
- Development of department analyses and maintenance of data upon request
- Alert management of issues that could adversely affect the company
- Other duties as assigned
A qualified candidate will be pro-active, dedicated, and possess these basic requirements:
- Undergraduate degree in Supply Chain and/or equivalent business experience in a manufacturing environment
- 5 years of Purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment
- Previous exposure to ERP systems is a plus
- Attention to detail
- Work well in a team environment
- An understanding and desire to satisfy customers and improve processes is a required
- Experience with computer business applications is mandatory