Job: Emergency Services Coordinator/Emergency Care Tech
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Department: 044110 CSM-O Emergency Department
Shift: varied shifts and hours
Hours: 12 hours shifts; including every 3rd weekend and holidays
- Certification Required
- Licensure Preferred
- Experience is required
Columbia St. Mary's is a healthcare ministry with several regional hospitals and local clinics, serving a culturally diverse patient population throughout southeastern Wisconsin. For over 150 years we've combined the finest medical attention with a sincere passion for patient care. Many of our dedicated staff started their healthcare career with us and have stayed for years! Bring your passion for patient care to our very special place and be welcomed into our family!
JOB TITLE: Emergency Services Coordinator/ Emergency Care Tech
Hours: 12 hour shifts to include: 0600
- 1800, 1800
- 0600 & 0900
- 2100 including every third weekend and rotating holidaysPosition Purpose
Under the supervision of the Registered Nurse, the Emergency Service Coordinator/Technician assists the Emergency Department staff and physicians in the delivery of patient care. To support the healthcare team by gathering and processing registration information and coordinating patient care.
- Demonstrates the following skills: venipuncture, 12 lead EKG, wound prep, visual acuities, quick-cath insertion, vital signs, crutch, cane and walker instructions and intravenous administration.
- Demonstrates positive verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Strives for the highest level of completeness and accuracy when completing tasks.
- Adapts to sudden change in workload with a positive attitude, poise & calm demeanor.
- Enters order transcription and patient information with high degree of accuracy and in a timely manner to contribute to quality patient care with minimal assistance.
- Assists other Health Unit Coordinators with questions or problems with the transcription process.
- Anticipates patient and MD/PA/NP needs and plans and prioritizes appropriately.
- Demonstrates understanding of privacy guidelines for patients and employees.
- Files reports promptly and accurately; maintains patient's chart with adequate supply of forms.
- Effectively maintains a safe, orderly and appropriately stocked unit to ensure supplies are available
- check list completed daily.
Skills / Requirements
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Prior experience as an licensed EMT preferred.
- IV Tech certification preferred.
- One-year experience in a health care setting required.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology required.
- American Heart Association Health Care Provider CPR certification required
We invite you to join us where service excellence and quality of care to our patients go hand and hand!
Columbia St. Mary's Hospital Milwaukee, Inc.