Job: SURGICAL ASSISTANT - Operating Room - Job #: 91288BR
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
More Jobs at Aurora Health Care
Imagine Yourself Here:
At Aurora Health Care we believe that each of us can use our knowledge, experience and creativity to help people live well. We're a non-profit organization with a clear vision of providing people with better health care then they can get anywhere else. Our strength stems from teamwork and collaboration among a talented and diverse group of professionals.
Better choice. Better career. Better life.
SURGICAL ASSISTANT - Operating Room
Aurora Medical Center Grafton-136
975 Port Washington Road
# Hours Per Pay Period (Bi-weekly)
1st and 2nd shift -Flexibility needed
Req # (optional)
Explore a Career In
Aurora Health Care has built a brand new medical center in Ozaukee County. Aurora Medical Center in Grafton is located on Grafton's fast-growing east side, near the Interstate 43 interchange at Highway 60. The hospital opened on November 1, 2010 and provides a full spectrum of integrated services to our patients in Ozaukee County and adjacent communities. The hospital incorporates many environmentally friendly features, making it the "greenest" hospital in Wisconsin.
The Aurora Medical Center in Grafton has a 24-hour emergency department, a Vince Lombardi Cancer Clinic and a complete array of other hospital services.
Imagine yourself joining the surgical services team at an amazing hospital!
Experienced Surgical Assistants Imagine Yourself
* Functioning as a First Assistant for complex and basic cases in assigned specialty.
* Functioning as a Second Assistant to the surgeon for procedures as coordinated with the nursing team leader.
* Performing all responsibilities of a Surgical Tech as required.
* Precepting newly employed Surgical Assistants and Technologists.
Skills / Requirements
* Completion of an approved Surgical Technologist training program or equivalent experience.
* Minimum three (3) years experience as a practicing Surgical Technologist in a major operative specialties demonstrating advanced technical knowledge/skill OR minimum of three (3) years previous experience as a Surgical Assistant as documented by a previous employer and letter of reference from a physician.
* Must have completed first assist course or documented evidence of work as a First Assistant. References must be from previous manager and physicians for whom you performed that function.
Cardiac background with surgical tech experience performing open heart/vascular procedures highly desired.
Discover the Benefits:
Imagine a work environment where you are valued for finding better ways of caring for our patients and are offered flexibility, mobility and growth through a wide range of career options. With Aurora you'll find a diverse and comprehensive blend of benefits designed to make your life better both inside and outside of the workplace.
Please click on the link below to apply to this position. You will be redirected to the Aurora Health Care career section. Please search and find the jobs of interest and apply directly on their site.
PLEASE BE SURE TO MENTION THAT YOU SAW THIS AD ON JOBING.COM!
Please submit resume online below.