Job: Supervisor, Patient Accounts (Physician Accounts) - Job #: 93911BR
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
More Jobs at Aurora Health Care
Browse Similar Jobs: Accounting/Auditing
Imagine Yourself Here:
At Aurora Health Care we believe that each of us can use our knowledge, experience and creativity to help people live well. We're a non-profit organization with a clear vision of providing people with better health care then they can get anywhere else. Our strength stems from teamwork and collaboration among a talented and diverse group of professionals.
Better choice. Better career. Better life.
Supervisor, Patient Accounts (Physician Accounts)
Aurora Health Care-505
3305 W Forest Home Ave
# Hours Per Pay Period (Bi-weekly)
Monday through Friday
Primarily Saturday; 7-4pm
Req # (optional)
Explore a Career In
* Overseeing the daily operations of an area in Physician patient accounting to ensure an accurate, timely accounts receivable process. Oversees one or more of the following functions: customer service, insurance verification, claims processing, refunds, follow-up, and cash applications.
* Performing Human Resources responsibilities for staff which include interviewing and selection of new employees, promotions, staff development, performance evaluations, pay adjustments, resolution of employee concerns, disciplinary counseling, terminations, employee morale, employee engagement and diversity.
* Assessing employee training needs and coordinating with the training department to ensure appropriate development.
* Responsible for operating within budget limitations and authorized staffing levels.
* Overseeing patient accounting operations with the primary focus of ensuring timely, accurate, compliant, and efficient processing of bills to receive appropriate reimbursement and reduce accounts receivables.
* Initiating and implements improvements to billing systems and processes, including pursuing and developing improved techniques and ensuring quality.
* Functioning as a liaison with providers, external departments related to the revenue cycle and insurance payers to resolve discrepancies.
* Initiating and implementing improvements to billing systems, including pursuing and developing improved collection techniques within the confines of federal and state collection laws and third-party payer requirements with respect to health coverage and reimbursement.
* Conducting ongoing evaluation of department policies and procedures in order to maintain and improve department efficiency. Proactively manages receivables through procedural innovations and employee motivation, which minimizes receivables and bad debt expense.
Skills / Requirements
* High School diploma or equivalent.
* Knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform this job are typically acquired through a minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in a patient financial accounting environment which includes the following:
* Demonstrated proficiency and knowledge of health care patient accounting practices and procedures.
* Demonstrated proficiency and knowledge of revenue cycle processes.
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
* Demonstrated ability to develop and implement procedural and quality improvements within patient accounting environments.
* Demonstrated ability to successfully supervise patient accounting functions
* Previous experience leading a patient accounting team.
* Demonstrated knowledge of regulations related to patient accounting practices.
* Demonstrated general knowledge of business, finance, human management, and operations.
* Demonstration of excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Demonstration of ability to work collaboratively with other departments and external organizations.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and management. Ability to effectively address difficult and controversial issues.
* Demonstrated strong management and leadership experience in a multi-specialty healthcare system.
* Experience managing 20+ employees and working with physician patient accounts and billing area revenue cycle processes in a large centralized business office.
* Highly motivated and process-oriented, with experience in serving as a change agent.
* Demonstrates strong initiative, flexibility, and adaptability in a fast-changing industry and work environment.
* Polished professional with experience in working directly with physicians and multiple leadership levels.
* Experience in project management, process improvement, and Epic systems.
This position is open due to a military leave:
Discover the Benefits:
Imagine a work environment where you are valued for finding better ways of caring for our patients and are offered flexibility, mobility and growth through a wide range of career options. With Aurora you'll find a diverse and comprehensive blend of benefits designed to make your life better both inside and outside of the workplace.
Please click on the link below to apply to this position. You will be redirected to the Aurora Health Care career section. Please search and find the jobs of interest and apply directly on their site.
PLEASE BE SURE TO MENTION THAT YOU SAW THIS AD ON JOBING.COM!
Please submit resume online below.